Thursday, August 14, 2014

More D&R flood updates...

Yesterday was an intense yet important day when we got a lot of shit done. With the help of four friends (cheers!) who worked shifts we've managed to create a temporary D&R office/storage. There's still very much left to do, and it still feels chaotic, at times use- hopeless and most of all extremely time consuming. Time that I feel I don't really have. Everything is still a total mess and it will take weeks, more likely month, to really go through it all carefully. I still have not quite decided in which order I should start.
I do know that I want to try and start selling the D&R releases asap so that I can get some money through label/distro sales as well and not only via your donations. I know that you help me out of good will, but I cant help it, I still get very bad conscience. Dont get me wrong, under these circumstances it means the world to me. But at the same time, I think about it every day in what way I can do to thank as many people as possible at the same time. An idea I have that everyone would benefit from is running a big sale when I re-open again. More info about that will follow later...

I want and will keep the label alive for as long as I really can. I already have a few releases upcoming and lined-up
and with your help, these are possible to be released as planned without any extra delays. It will be tough, but I'm convinced it's going to work. Right now everything feels overwhelming and tiring and quite honestly I don't know for how long I can carry on with this work in this tempo. The flood was last wednesday, so I've worked from early morning to late night for over a week. Two nights ago was the first time I got a full night's sleep, and it was absolutely wonderful. It did wonders. And now when most of all the records are securely stored I will not have to worry about that either. Most of all I just wanna catch a movie, enjoy a cup of black coffe in peace, listen to my recent pile of bought records and just relax. I have had one of the best summers in a long time, too bad it had to end in the worst possible way.
 
The good news is that much has survived completely intact, while other records and stuff, as you know, had to be thrown away. But LOTS of records/merch are also saved, but is anywhere from a little to very water/moisture damaged. I will post a list at this blog or sell these items at upcoming shows, haven't decided that yet either.
Other great news is that I got the new Martyrdöd LP (looks/sounds amazing!) and I'll start sell em asap! Hit me up with an mail if you wanna buy one and I'll deal with all your orders asap.


Important note; I
can't keep up with everything going on
on the world wide web, but if you are doing a benefit show or contribute in any way, please email me the flyer/info and
I'll do my best to help spread it. Smell ya later!

No comments: